Since 1965, the Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics has recognized medical students who have shown outstanding ability and exemplary service within a Florida medical school’s pediatric department. Named in honor of the Chapter’s first president, the Luther W. Holloway Award is given annually to graduating students from Florida’s medical school pediatric departments. This award is offered to the pediatric departments at all nine Florida medical schools — University of Florida, University of South Florida, University of Miami, Florida State University, Florida International University, Florida Atlantic University, Lake Erie COM (LECOM), Nova Southeastern University COM, and University of Central Florida.
Congratulations to the 2023 recipients!
- Zachary Kravetz — Florida Atlantic University Charles E Schmidt College of Medicine
- Sarah Crawford — Florida State University College of Medicine
- Rebecca Ratusnik — Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Brianna Leone— University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- Janelle Torres— Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Gabriella Llano— University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine
- Divya Sirdeshpande — University of South Florida Health Morsani College of Medicine
- Pranshu Bhardwaj — University of Florida, College of Medicine
FCAAP Members can find full details on the award winners in the June 2023 issue of the FCAAP News.