FCAAP’s advocacy initiatives provide its membership with a strong and respected presence in Tallahassee. Pediatricians play a pivotal role in advocating for just pediatric health laws and sound public policies relating to child health, and we know that when they speak through FCAAP, their voices are amplified. FCAAP’s advocacy program provides Florida pediatricians with:
- The services of professional lobbyists in Tallahassee who ensure that pediatricians’ voices are front and center when laws and policies concerning child health are being crafted.
- Consistent and thoughtful communications to lawmakers that encourage state and national leaders to put children first.
- Opportunities to engage directly with lawmakers through calls to action that mobilize the pediatric community as a unified force.
- Programs that facilitate in-person conversations with elected officials and agency decision makers.
- Collaboration with other state and national advocacy organizations that increases the effectiveness of your advocacy.
2022 Legislative Session Summary
- View FCAAP’s 2022 Legislative Summary . PDF
- Review the Chapter’s top priority goals for the 2022 Legislative Session . PDF
FCAAP was very engaged in the 2022 Legislative Session and accomplished several of its top priority goals. Be a part of our advocacy efforts on behalf of kids in Florida and join FCAAP today!
Florida Blueprint for Children
Want to get more involved in the Chapter’s legislative work? Participate in any open Calls to Action below during the legislative session.
Please support our efforts by making a donation today. Even the smallest contribution empowers the Chapter to continue improving the health and welfare of Florida’s children, and supporting pediatricians and pediatric specialists as the best qualified providers of their healthcare.
Annual Legislative Session Reviews
- 2021 Legislative Summary PDF
- 2020 Legislative Summary PDF
- 2019 Legislative Summary PDF
- 2018 Legislative Summary PDF
- 2017 Legislative Summary PDF
- 2016 Legislative Summary PDF
- 2015 Legislative Summary PDF
- 2014 Legislative Session Summary PDF
Tips on Legislative Advocacy
- Tips on Legislative Advocacy
- Key Points on FL Law Restricting Physician Conversations
- A Top 10 Insider’s Guide to Legislative Advocacy
“Never doubt that a small group of committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”– Anthropologist Margaret Mead