Since 1965, the Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics has recognized medical students who have shown outstanding ability and exemplary service within a Florida medical school’s pediatric department. Named in honor of the Chapter’s first president, the Luther W. Holloway Award is given annually to graduating students from Florida’s medical school pediatric departments. This award is offered to the pediatric departments at all nine Florida medical schools—University of Florida, University of South Florida, University of Miami, Florida State University, Florida International University, Florida Atlantic University, Lake Erie COM (LECOM), Nova Southeastern University COM, and University of Central Florida.
Congratulations to the 2022 recipients!
- Breyonna Maddox — Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Catherine Blackburn — University of South Florida Health Morsani College of Medicine
- Emily Ramos — University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine
- Julie A. Davila — Florida State University College of Medicine
- Katherine Acosta Hosinski — Florida Atlantic University Charles E Schmidt College of Medicine
- Katie J. Ballantyne — University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- Kelly Tran — Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Sara Kennedy — University of Florida, College of Medicine