Would you like to build support for immunizations, ensure FAQs from your patients’ families are answered by you and other trusted sources, and free up time in your patient office visits? Is your practice looking to develop or expand its social media presence? You can save time and remain the key source of vaccine information for your patients and families by using the AAP Immunization Social Media Toolkit to share resources, videos, memes and more. A suite of infographics is also available on the AAP Immunization Campaign page.
To help magnify this messaging, the Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics (FCAAP) is seeking pediatric practices willing to partake in a virtual learning collaborative for 10 weeks, from April 26 to June 30, 2021. The practice would need to:
- Assign a Project Lead
- Create (if need be) and use at least two social media accounts (preferably Facebook and Twitter)
- Recruit parents to follow the practice’s social media accounts
- Share posts from the Immunization Social Media Toolkit through the accounts at least 3 times per week for the duration of the learning collaborative
- Discuss challenges, successes and tips with other learning collaborative participants
- Follow or like the social media accounts of other learning collaborative participants and immunizing colleagues and share their posts
- Manage and respond to followers’ comments/questions
- Use an AAP-developed questionnaire to survey families/followers anonymously about the messages they viewed through your practice’s social media and submit family survey data to FCAAP staff
- Complete an evaluation of the toolkit.
In return, your practice will receive:
- Monetary participation incentive for your time at completion of the project.
- Support from FCAAP in setting up and using your social media account(s).
- The satisfaction of helping other practices start or improve their social media immunization messaging!
If you are interested in enrolling your practice or institution in the learning collaborative, please complete this brief questionnaire. Deadline to enroll is 12:00pm EST on Friday, April 23, 2021. Please note space is limited and will be filled on a first come first serve basis.
Questions? Contact FCAAP Communications Coordinator Melanie Range at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-224-3939 ext. 1001.