Call for Nominations
AAP Community Access to Child Health (CATCH) Program
AAP District CATCH Facilitator (DCF)
The District X Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics is currently accepting nominations for a position as the District X CATCH Facilitator (DCF). DCFs are appointed by their AAP District to serve one renewable three-year term.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The CATCH executive committee encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply to be DCFs. CATCH upholds the AAP Diversity and Inclusion Statement.
District CATCH Facilitator Position Description
District CATCH Facilitators represent their District in all CATCH initiatives. The responsibility of the District CATCH Facilitator is to expand the efforts of the CATCH program and provide support to Chapter CATCH Facilitators, District Resident Liaisons, and National Resident Liaisons. District CATCH Facilitators serve on a national AAP committee that oversees all aspects of the CATCH program and provides oversight to the Healthy Tomorrows Partnership for Children Program. View DCF Responsibilities and Activities for more information.
All nominees are required to have the following attributes:
- Commitment to the CATCH
- Mission: CATCH supports pediatricians to collaborate within their communities to advance the health of all children.
- Vision: Every child in every community reaches optimal health and well-being.
- Commitment to and experience working with pediatricians who work with children and families from diverse backgrounds that may include differences in race, ethnicity, religion, socioeconomic status, language, sexual orientation, gender identity, special health care need, and other attributes.
- Membership in the AAP and respective State Chapter of the AAP.
- Candidates for the District CATCH Facilitator should have following attributes:
- Knowledge and interest in any of the following topics: community partnerships, population health and innovations in health care delivery, social determinants of health, health disparities, child and family wellness, multi-generational care, multi-sector partnerships
- Interest in supporting the recruitment and engagement of AAP members for participation in CATCH
To apply to be a DCF, access the application at this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9HDC5Q5. You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Statement of Interest. Please include a description of your interest in becoming a DCF, including any specific contributions you would like to make to CATCH.
- Please select any areas of experience that apply to you. Candidates are not required to have experience.
- Working and collaborating with colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
- Working with children, families, and communities of diverse backgrounds
- Developing community partnerships
- Evaluating community-based projects
- Developing practical education programs or resources for pediatricians
- Writing nonacademic documents (e.g. blogs, news articles, website content)
- Using social media to engage in outreach or advocacy
- Statement on Diversity and Inclusion. Please describe how you define diversity, and share any experience that you have with fostering diversity and inclusion in a professional setting (including yet not limited to in a community setting).
- Narrative Biosketch. Please provide a narrative biosketch that includes experience relevant to the CATCH Executive Committee member position description. Please describe any experience working and collaborating with colleagues, families, and communities of diverse backgrounds.
All submissions will be reviewed by the Chapter and CATCH leadership. Please send questions about the nomination process to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, June 25, 2018.