The state of Florida’s medical loan reimbursement program has generated much interest among FCAAP members. In-person attendees at the Future of Pediatric Practice 2022 (FPP2022), to be held September 2 – 4 at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, are invited to attend an exclusive preview of the Florida Reimbursement Assistance for Medical Education (FRAME) program.
The FRAME program encourages qualified medical professionals to practice in underserved locations of the state by providing annual payments to offset the loans and educational expenses students incur in obtaining a medical degree, medical or nursing licensure, advance practice registered nurse (APRN) licensure, or physician assistant licensure.
The following health care provider types are eligible to participate in the FRAME program:
- Medical doctors with primary care specialties.
- Doctors of osteopathic medicine with primary care specialties.
- Physician assistants.
- APRNs registered to engage in autonomous practice under section 464.0123, Florida Statutes.
- Licensed practical nurses and registered nurses.
Primary care medical specialties for physicians include obstetrics, gynecology, general and family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, and other specialties which may be identified by the Department. Primary care medical specialties for Autonomous Practice APRNs include family medicine, general pediatrics, general internal medicine, and midwifery.
During the 2022 legislative session, the Florida Legislature appropriated more than $6.5 million to fund the program. Reimbursement limits for participating health care professionals are established by law and include:
- Up to $20,000 per year for physicians.
- Up to $15,000 per year for APRNs to engage in autonomous practice.
- Up to $10,000 per year for APRNs and physician assistants.
- Up to $4,000 per year for licensed practical nurses and registered nurses.
Join special guest Jeff Johnson of the Florida Department of Health Primary Care Office for some group discussions at FPP2022 featuring a program introduction and overview. These special informational sessions are only available to in-person attendees at FPP2022. Haven’t registered for the conference? You can still register at futureofpediatrics.org.
For more information, please contact Alicia E. Adams, FCAAP Executive Director, at email@example.com.