The Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics (FCAAP) today released updates to “FCAAP Recommendations Regarding Schools During the COVID-19 Pandemic” – a white paper to assist Florida’s school superintendents as they operate schools in their districts during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following updates have been made to the paper since the update of November 23, 2020:
- Update on infection rate in Florida.
- The importance of community mitigation efforts to protect schools re-emphasized.
- Short discussion of importance of influenza vaccine and of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Statement and rational against adopting the CDC guidance: “Options to Reduce Quarantine for
Contacts of Persons with SARS-CoV-2 Infection Using Symptom Monitoring and Diagnostic
Testing, in school settings.
- Updated information on the use of antigen tests in diagnosing SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Addition of quarantine recommendations for individuals previously infected with SARS-CoV-2
who are then exposed to a case of COVID-19.
- Management of people who have been exposed who had previously been infected.
Click here to view the updated white paper.