The new tool provides the latest information about available hurricane recovery assistance in a single source.
Navigating the recovery resources available to the public in the aftermath of a disaster can seem overwhelming. In response, the Florida Policy Institute has created the “Hurricane Ian Response: Safety Net Policy Tracker” to help Floridians harmed by the storm access the assistance they need as quickly and efficiently as possible. The tracker provides the latest information about storm recovery; details about the resources that have been mobilized by federal, state, and local government agencies; and links to apply for assistance.
Access the tracker here:
As impacts continue to be assessed and recovery efforts commence, government agencies will respond with updated policies and programs. These changes can occur on a daily or even hourly basis. The tracker will be updated continuously with up-to-the-minute information as these changes occur.
The tracker provides:
- Links to county-level resources in affected counties.
- Information about available FEMA assistance and links to apply, including housing assistance and financial help.
- Information about Disaster Unemployment Assistance.
- Information about nutrition resources available, including disaster, supplemental, and replacement food assistance.
- Links to apply for loan assistance from the U.S. Small Business Administration.
- Information on Health and Human Services, including Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- Contact Information for the Disaster Distress Helpline.
- And more.
FCAAP will continue to provide information about Hurricane Ian recovery as it becomes available.